Brow – $20
Lip – $15
Chin – $15
Half face – $30
Under arm – $25
Bikini – $35
Brazilian – $55
Back/Chest – $55
Full leg – $55
Half leg – $35
Half arm – $25
Miscellaneous – $20
Brows or Lashes – $20
Call 941 362 4194 for more information on the tint used and/or to schedule a patch test.
Waxing vs Shaving. Which is Better?
In our opinion waxing is better than shaving:
When you wax regularly you’ll be able to go longer between appointments because the hair will start to grow back at the same time. Hair growth cycle goes through 3 stages, anagen, catagen and telogen. Ideally, we want to remove the hair in the anagen stage which is the active growth stage. This means it’ll take the hair longer to grow back – approximately 6 weeks. Hair is in the anagen stage for 2-3 weeks. So what we recommend is to wax every 2-3 weeks for a couple of months and then all the hair will be ‘trained’ to be in the same growth cycle. After that all you’ll need is a waxing appointment every 4 to 6 weeks.
The hair that grows after waxing is finer so you won’t get that sharp tip to the hair and razor stubble you get after shaving. In some areas the hair may even stop growing completely!
Many people ask if waxing hurts. Unfortunately, it can hurt a little; depending on your pain threshold. We recommend not making waxing appointments around your monthly cycle, as many of us have increased sensitivity during that time. Incidentally, with experience, it also hurts less. Generally, speaking the first time is probably the most painful. The other thing, you can do is take an ibuprofen, 30 minutes to an hour prior to the waxing appointment, which can help a little.
The best results are achieved when the hair is at least ¼ of an inch – any shorter than that and the wax won’t be able to adhere to the hair properly.
The important thing to remember with waxing is the aftercare advice, as we want to make sure that there are no ingrown hairs or reactions. At the end of every waxing treatment, we always remind our clients to do the following even if they’re seasoned waxers!
General After Care Advice
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, jacuzzis, swimming pools, etc. for 48 hours. The heat will increase the sweating activity and again the open pores could easily be infected.
- Avoid the sun or tanning beds (not that our clients would use tanning beds, they’re way too clever!) immediately after
waxing. Recently waxed areas are prone to hyperpigmentation if exposed to UV radiation and again the increased sweat can lead to infection.
- Avoid wearing really tight clothing (this can lead to ingrown hairs) for 24-48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating products on the waxed area for 24 hours. This could irritate the area further. However, after a couple of days we recommend you exfoliate regularly as this will prevent ingrown hairs.
- Avoid applying any products, also make-up if facial areas have been waxed.
At Bloom Organics, we take the greatest care and adhere to the strictest codes of hygiene when waxing. All of our therapists wear gloves and our tweezers are sterilized in a medical autoclave after each use. In addition, we do not ‘double-dip’ which is the practice of re-dipping the spatula back into the wax pot. Each spatula is only used once and then discarded.
For more information on waxing treatments, including Brazilian, please call the front desk team on 941 362 4194!